Zucchini and Chicken Salad
Zucchini and Chicken Salad (good for all phases)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 1/4 pounds zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 bunch (about 8 ounces) spinach, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans (PHASE 4 ONLY)
- 1/4 cup parmesan (PHASE 4 ONLY)
- In a large bowl, whisk together 2 TBSP oil and lemon juice; season with salt and pepper. Add zucchini; toss to coat, and let marinate while cooking chicken.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Cook chicken until golden brown and opaque throughout, about 7 minutes per side. Remove from skillet, and slice thinly.
- Toss chicken with zucchini mixture, spinach, onion, and mint. Serve.
Cook’s NoteThis recipe can also be made using leftover or store-bought roasted chicken.