Roasted Eggplant and Red Pepper Salad
Roasted Eggplant and Red Pepper Salad (Great for all phases)
- 1 red bell pepper
- 3 cups 1/2″ cubes of eggplant
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees and cover a 8×8 pan with aluminum foil.
2. Fire roast the red bell pepper and set aside.
3. Place the eggplant in the pan and toss with olive oil and garlic.
4. Roast for 18 – 20 minutes, until cooked through and tender.
5. While the eggplant is roasting, peel and seed the roasted pepper and cut into 1/2″ cubes.
6. When the eggplant is done, toss the eggplant, roasted pepper, lemon juice, lemon zest, cumin, salt and pepper together. Let it rest until it’s room temperature.
7. Toss with parsley and serve.