Lemon Garlic Chicken
Lemon Garlic Chicken (great for all phases)
- 10 ounce bag of baby spinach
- 3 Tb low sodium chicken broth
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- Italian seasoning
- 1 large tomato, cut into large chunks
- 5 green onions, chopped (Phase 4 Only)
- 1/3 C fresh parmesan cheese, grated (Phase 4 only)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Place the spinach in the bottom of a 9 x 13 glass baking pan. Drizzle over the chicken broth and sprinkle the top with salt and pepper. Arrange the chicken over the spinach and season very well with the salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and italian seasoning. Add the tomato and green onion then sprinkle on the parmesan cheese over the whole dish (Phase 4 only).
- Take a piece of foil and loosely tent it over the top of the pan. Do not seal the edges of the foil to the pan. Bake for 15 minutes, remove the foil and continue to bake for another 20 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through. Serve immediately, drizzling the pan juices over the top of each serving.