Herbed and Spiced Roasted Beef Tenderloin
Herbed and Spiced Roasted Beef Tenderloin (great for all phases)
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 large shallot, peeled and quartered
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 (2 pound) beef tenderloin roasts, trimmed
- In a food processor, combine rosemary, thyme, bay leaves, garlic, shallot, orange zest, salt, pepper, nutmeg, and cloves.
- Run machine while adding oil; process until smooth.
- Spread mixture evenly over all sides of tenderloins.
- Place beef in a large glass baking dish.
- Cover with foil, and refrigerate for at least 6 hours.Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Place tenderloins on a rack in a large roasting pan.
- Roast beef in preheated oven until meat thermometer registers 140 degrees when inserted into center of beef, about 35 minutes.
- Remove from oven, and cover loosely with foil; let stand for 10 minutes. Slice beef, and serve.