Grilled Chicken Tenders with Cilantro Pesto
Grilled Chicken Tenders with Cilantro Pesto (great for all phases)
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 pound chicken tenders
- 2 cups loosely packed fresh cilantro leaves, (1-2 bunches)
- 2 scallions, sliced
- Whisk lime juice, soy sauce, oil and chili powder in a large bowl. Reserve 2 tablespoons of the marinade in a small bowl. Add chicken to the remaining marinade; toss to coat. Marinate in the refrigerator for 20 minutes or up to 1 hour.
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Meanwhile, place cilantro, scallions, and the reserved marinade in a food processor and process until fairly smooth.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade (discard marinade) and grill until cooked through and no longer pink in the middle, about 2 minutes per side. Serve the chicken with the cilantro-pesto.