Fish with Summer Squash
Fish with Summer Squash (great for all phases)
- 1 strip lemon zest, cut into thin slivers
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lg red onion, chopped (cooked onion for phase 4 only)
- 8 oz zucchini, cut into 1/2 ” chunks
- 8 oz yellow squash, cut into 1/2″ chunks (check with your coach)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 striped bass or other fish fillets (4–6 oz each), about 1″ thick
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh mint leaves
Preheat oven to 400ºF. In 13″ x 9″ baking dish, combine lemon zest, 1 tablespoon of the oil, and onion (phases 4 only) , reserving 1 tablespoon. Spread in even layer. Roast until onion is tender, stirring occasionally, about 15 minutes.
Remove from oven. Stir in zucchini, squash, and garlic. Return to oven and roast 10 minutes. Remove from oven.
Increase oven temperature to 450ºF. Push vegetables to one side and add fish. Spoon vegetables over fish.
Return to oven and roast until fish is opaque in center, 8 to 10 minutes for thin fillets and 12 to 15 minutes for thicker fillets.
Meanwhile, combine remaining tablespoon oil with vinegar, water, mint leaves, and remaining onion. Spoon over bass fillets and serve.