Crispy Salmon with Herb Salad
Crispy Salmon with Herb Salad (great for all phases)
- 1 1/2 cups arugula leaves
- 1 1/2 cups fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 cup small fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup small fresh mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- cooking spray
- (8 ounce) salmon fillets
- 6 lemon wedges
- Combine the arugula, parsley, cilantro, basil and mint in a large bowl. Cover and refrigerate.
- Combine the olive oil, juice, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper and garlic. Whisk to combine.
- Heat a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Coat the pan with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle the salmon with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Place fillets, skin side down, in pan and cook for 5 minutes.
- Turn fillets over and cook for another 2 minutes or until desired degree of doneness.
- Add the arugula mixture to plates. Top with a salmon fillet and drizzle with the lemon juice mixture. Serve with lemon wedges.