Chili Chicken and Basil
Chili Chicken and Basil (great for all phases)
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 Thai bird chilies or serrano chilies
- 1 tsp low sodium soy sauce
- 2 cups loosely packed fresh basil
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp hot sauce
- 1 tsp splenda
- 1 tsp fresh cracked pepper
- Finely chop the garlic and chilies, then use the side of your knife to press them together into a rough paste. (Add a pinch of salt to make this process easier.)
- Preheat a wok or pan over medium-high heat. Add the oil and the garlic-chili paste you just made, and cook for 2 to 3 minutes (be careful not to burn the garlic). Chop the chicken into small pieces and add them to the pan, cooking until they’re lightly browned, about 3 to 4 minutes. Add the soy sauce, fish sauce, hot sauce, and splenda, and continue to cook until the chicken is done all the way through, another 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the pepper and basil, and cook until the basil is just wilted, about 2 minutes. Serve immediately.