Chicken with garden vegetables in parchment
Chicken with garden vegetables in parchment (great for all phases)
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- Parchment paper
- 1 whole lemon, thinly sliced
- 4 oz baby zucchini, quartered lengthwise
- 4 oz baby carrots (phase 4 only)
- 4 oz cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 16 asparagus spears, trimmed
- 16 fresh morel mushrooms
- 1/4 cup shredded basil, plus more for garnish
- 3/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Place each piece of chicken in the center of a 14-inch square piece of parchment paper (or foil) and top with lemon slices, zucchini, carrots (phase 4 only), tomatoes, asparagus, morels, and basil, dividing evenly. Sprinkle each with 3 tablespoons broth and 1 teaspoon olive oil.
- Bring the edges of the parchment to the center and fold together twice to seal tightly, leaving space between parchment and contents. Place the 4 packets on a large baking sheet.
- Bake until parchment is browned on edges and center puffs up, 14 to 16 minutes. Remove from oven, put each packet on a dinner plate, and serve, letting people pierce the center to reveal the food.