Chicken and Asparagus Skewers
Chicken and Asparagus Skewers (great for all phases)
- 4 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 lb. asparagus
- 1 tsp. garlic Powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tbsp. lemon zest
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- Soak wooden skewers in water. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut asparagus into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- Dice chicken breast into 1 1/2 inch cubes
- Place all ingredients in a ziplock back, and moosh it around
- Don’t skimp on the mooshing because there is not a lot of oil in this recipe. You really need to mix it up well to get even coverage of the oil and spices. So take your time. You’ll have better tasting chicken if you do.
- Alternate placing your asparagus and chicken on your kebob sticks.
- Now this is the tricky part. So read carefully…
- Put your Kebobs on a parchment lined cookie sheet and place in the oven.
Set your timer for 10 minutes.
- When the 1o minutes is up, open your oven, flip your kebobs over (don’t burn yourself, please), and close the oven door.
Flip the dial on your oven to “broil” instead of bake.
- Broil for 10-15 minutes, or until you have a nice browned bit of chicken. A thermometer should read about 170 degrees F.