Cauliflower Salad (great for all phases)
- 1 large head fresh cauliflower, cleaned and trimmed, cut into small florets
- 1 – 2 cloves garlic, minced fine
- 3 tablespoons capers, drained
- 3 teaspoons white vinegar
- Juice of a lime (about 1 tablespoon)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Sea salt to taste
Bring 1 inch of water to a boil in a pot large enough to hold a collapsible steamer. Meanwhile, clean and trim the cauliflower. Arrange the cauliflower on the steamer, place in pot, cover and steam for about 8 minutes or until tender.
Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together the garlic, chili powder, capers, vinegar, lime juice and olive oil. Stir in the hot cauliflower. Season with hot sauce and salt to taste.
For best flavor, let rest for 90 minutes and even overnight.