Braised Chicken with Kale
Braised Chicken with Kale (great for all phases)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 chicken breast bone in, skinned
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 5 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 (16-ounce) package cut prewashed kale
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can no-salt-added fire-roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can fat-free, lower-sodium chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Heat a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add 2 teaspoons olive oil. Sprinkle the chicken with black pepper and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Place 2 pieces of chicekn in pan, and cook for 1 1/2 minutes on each side. Remove from pan. Repeat procedure with 2 teaspoons oil and remaining chicken. Remove from pan.
- Add garlic; cook for 20 seconds. Add half of kale; cook for 2 minutes. Add remaining half of kale; cook 3 minutes. Stir in tomatoes and broth; bring to a boil. Return chicken to pan. Cover and bake at 325° for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Remove chicken from pan. Serve chicken over kale mixture.