Asian Beef Salad
Asian Beef Salad (great for all phases)
- 1 lb flank steak
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp sriracha or other hot sauce
- 1/2 Tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 bag watercress or 1 head Bibb lettuce
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted, and diced (phase 4 only)
- 1/2 English cucumber, thinly sliced
- Handful of cilantro leaves
Sear the steak
Preheat a grill, grill pan, or cast-iron skillet on medium high. Season the steak with salt and pepper and cook it to medium rare, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Let the steak rest for at least 5 minutes and then slice it thinly across the grain.
Make the dressing. While the meat rests, combine, sriracha, soy sauce, and lime juice with a pinch of pepper in a mixing bowl. Gradually whisk in the oil.
Assemble the salad
In a large bowl, toss the steak slices with the vegetables and cilantro. Drizzle in the dressing and toss until the salad is lightly coated.